mid year check in
~become a priority in your life ~
30 June, not only marks the EOFY but is also the milestone for being half way through another year! As I discussed in my last post, our busy lifestyles can get in the way of our good intentions and goals. So what better time than 6 months into the year, to take a few moments to reflect and reassess.
If you are old school like me, grab a pen and notebook (plus, this gives digital solitude). Find a space where you can be with your thoughts without distraction and take note.
To begin, understand where you are at right now – emotionally, physically, spiritually, and consider the different elements of your life – financial, personal, career, relationships…
Looking back over the last six months, think about the choices that you have made and the impact they have had on you. Consider the following:
- If you set new year resolutions, have you stuck by them?
- Where can you improve?
- What obstacles and roadblocks have you faced?
- Are you happy with your choices?
These moments of contemplation and reflection are also a great opportunity to notice where your thoughts are at right now, as experiences can enliven or alter priorities and goals. Consider the following:
- Are you on track to reaching your goals?
- Do your values still mirror your goals?
- Are you happy with the direction you are heading?
- Where do you want to see yourself in 6 months time?
Now looking to the future, this is the perfect time to focus your energy once again to that which you want most this year. Consider the following:
- What is going to move you closer towards your goals?
- Does anything need to change?
- From your own experiences and lessons learnt, how can you be wiser going forward?
- Is there something that you can do to stay focused and motivated?
Whether we like it or not, money does have an impact on our lives. Though, I do not believe that we should be ruled by its influence.
On this note, I want to introduce Lea Schodel. Lea is a financial planner and yogi (I bet that has lifted some eyebrows!). Lea’s outlook on life is very similar to mine. Likewise, Lea is passionate to inspire and guide. Drawing on her experience, Lea believes managing money well is more about managing ourselves well. In 5 Money Lessons from the Yoga Mat, Lea discusses these 5 key lessons that anyone can apply to their finances:
- Set an intention
- Keep your focus
- Build a solid foundation
- Find a point of focus and stability
- Play the edge
By approaching daily life mindfully, we are able to make choices based on our personal values and goals. With this mindset, our decisions then become a positive step towards that which matters the most.
- A special thank you to Lea Schodel for her contribution. Click here to read Lea’s full article – 5 Money Lessons from the Yoga Mat
- Stay connected with Living Well Hub on FaceBook and Instagram for motivation, tips and events focusing on holistic wellness to improve and transform lifestyles.